Michael Rogers, No Longer Selling Literature?

Post any topics or questions about Chinese Stamps here.

Moderators: archiem, doc032848, wlin98004

BL53931

Michael Rogers, No Longer Selling Literature?

Post by BL53931 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:06 pm

I know he is now a partner in the Kelleher auction group. While surfing today I ran across this retail Literature list on lne:

http://www.michaelrogersinc.com/books.htm

I have some interest in some of the literature offerings on there but when clicking elsewhere on the site I get a message that because of his commitments, he no longer accepts stamp orders. Is this a reference only site or does he still sell literature? I could email him direct but based on past experience I won't get a reply.

Anyone out there know if the literature offerings are still valid?

archiem

Re: Michael Rogers, No Longer Selling Literature?

Post by archiem » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:44 am

My understanding is that the Kelleher firm bought Michael's library when it bought the firm. I have talked to Larry Gibson of Kelleher and asked when they were going to offer the literature. At that time they were still trying to sort through what they got. Since then not much communication, but he had an awesome library on China, and quite a bit of "other stuff."

Hope we will see it offered soon.

BL53931

Post by BL53931 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:27 pm

Michael authored a number of monographs on various subjects. Most were sold by his firm for just a couple dollars each. I wonder if perhaps the society could offer those as downloads on the website? Perhaps for members only? Just a thought.

archiem

Post by archiem » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:05 am

An interesting idea.

Our next annual meeting and next board meeting will be held in Seattle, Washington, at SEAPEX this September. I will make the suggestion we look into this, and hopefully by then we will have enough information to decide a course of action.

Thanks again, ideas are always welcome.