Check your Manchukuo Chops

Post any topics or questions about Chinese Stamps here.

Moderators: archiem, doc032848, wlin98004

admin
Site Admin

Check your Manchukuo Chops

Post by admin » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:09 pm

I need some help from anyone who might have a collection of what in Japanese Philately they call Manchukuo LCD's (Large Circular Date Stamps), known to everyone else as Special Cancels, Helen Zirkle catalogued these and the examples I am interested in are Zirkle 62 and Zirkle 80.

The first cancel was to commemorate the "Brilliant Manchu Exhibition". Zirkle knew the exhibition went on tour but only lists the first exhibition dates for Hsinking. I have managed come across some other places and dates, I am wondering if there are more. The same applies to Zirkle 80 "The Current Events Exhibition". Zirkle mentions Chinchow but I have obtained a cancel with a different date for Yingkow. Did this go on to other venues?
Z62Anshan.jpg
Zirkle 62 Exhibition Held in Anshan
Z62Anshan.jpg (13.52 KiB) Viewed 4117 times
Zirkle80violet.jpg
Zirkle 80 Chinchow
Zirkle80violet.jpg (21.47 KiB) Viewed 4117 times
If you feel like helping me with this research please look closely at any examples you might have and post them here. There might be an China Clipper article brewing here if I can find more information.

I would also like to see any examples of Manchukuo Scenic Cancels you may have. I am trying to create a list. To see where I am with this please visit my website manchukuostamps.com all the examples I have so far are listed.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Simon

HayabusaKi43

Re: Check your Manchukuo Chops

Post by HayabusaKi43 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:09 am

I'm late to the game, but I have Z.62 postmarked Kirin on the 3 fen postcard.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Check your Manchukuo Chops

Post by admin » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:52 pm

Would you mind posting a picture, if that is a problem - what date do you have for Z62?