Last Push to Get My Book Out

Join Roman and Simon as we do our best to test the listings made by Kerr and later by Chan. What has been missed? Which overprints have been assigned to the wrong towns? What is genuine and what is suspect? - You get the idea......

Moderators: archiem, doc032848, wlin98004

doc032848

Last Push to Get My Book Out

Post by doc032848 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:46 pm

Dear Friends,

My editor and I are making our last big push to get my book out. If any of you have anything you think should be listed, or included, please let me know.
Once that is done, I will have a lot of other related things I can write about in the Dongbei and other related areas. Only a fraction of my research will get into the book.
Once it is out there, I will at least know that I got what I hope will be the new jumping off point for Dongbei philatelic research that I wish was there almost 40 years ago when I started. I hope it is out there when my 70th comes in March.

All help will be acknowledged.

George

Roman

Re: Last Push to Get My Book Out

Post by Roman » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:43 pm

Dear George,

very nice to hear you long expected book is going to be published! :)

For myself I'm always interested, when exactly an area or town was so called liberated and when the local government went under the control of the CPC. Furthermore the issue dates of specific MLO issues are interesting (first known cancel, last known cancel). For each MLO-cover a map / list with the originator and destination address and the used postal rate. Some conclusions which MLO issues have a kind of local connections as we can see by Holi-Nancha-Liangjiangkou-Jiamusi. For me important as well which currency was in charge for each town / area which had issued MLOs. A complete list of all stampless covers I'm also missing (there were also many in Dairen / Port Arthur used, but really nothing to found about them).

Just some comments from my side which information are important for me. :)

Roman

doc032848

Post by doc032848 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:37 pm

Roman,

I will give a lot of the information you are seeking in the book.
Every set that exists on a genuine cover, or covers, will be given a date. If it only can be found on a philatelic cover, I will say so, and give the date on the cover to guide us as to its being in the Northeast, and a date the set had to have been issued by. I will give more detail in the book.
If the covers look bad to me I will say that, and not give a date at all.
All issues will be identified with political affiliation.
But there will be a class of sets that only past authors I trust say were good, called "Undetermined."
Then there will be bogus issues.
I will have to give my list of covers for expansion in a later publication of some kind.
All currencies I know of will be listed and identified as to where they circulated as best I can determine.
Yes, postal connections will be listed.
I have some of the currency and have color photos of all the currencies I know of.
In short, I will publish my research as far as I have been able to take it in my lifetime, but try to do it in such a way as to
allow others to build on it and improve it.
All I will ask is that my work be respected for what it is: the result of my life historical research, done in good faith, and with a constant growth of my ability to observe informed by history and the data itself; ground breaking as my speeches and exhibits have begun to establish.
I think once the information is out there, we will all have fun building on it, and adding to our collections with some confidence that we know what we have.

doc032848

Post by doc032848 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:55 am

Roman, Simon, Members,

I gave my text part of my manuscript a through review and finished yesterday. I will make the corrections on line and submit it for the final polish.
Now on to the listings of the sets. I have already finished the listings part but need to add some illustrations.
Do any of you have any additions?
My listings will be over 3850 different stamps. That does not include errors and varieties. If it did it would be well over 4,000 stamps on record.
But I must remember my audience and give them the essentials in this book, and find another way to spread information on covers, errors, quantities known to exist for every stamp listing.
Most societies I know publish census lists covering stamps of a specific type.

George

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:13 am

Probably the hardest part of writing a book is deciding where to stop. If you don't stop we will never get a chance to read it. You can always publish "Part Two - Errors and Varieties" at a later date.

Check the facts and let the publisher do the editing "it's what they do". If you do all the work you don't need a publisher - just a printer.