Covers with interesting features.

Join Roman and Simon as we do our best to test the listings made by Kerr and later by Chan. What has been missed? Which overprints have been assigned to the wrong towns? What is genuine and what is suspect? - You get the idea......

Moderators: archiem, doc032848, wlin98004

doc032848

Covers with interesting features.

Post by doc032848 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:32 pm

rsz_nahe.jpg
rsz_nahe.jpg (1.98 MiB) Viewed 569 times
rsz_lindian.jpg
rsz_lindian.jpg (1.74 MiB) Viewed 569 times
Above are two cover I like a lot for different reasons. The first I like because it is attractive and because it is a Nahe cover with a transit make. It a CPC issue.
The second is one I like because I only know of one other cover with these stamps on it! It is unlisted by Kerr. It is used after the CPC took control of the Postal service. So it is from Lintien and is a CPC item. Note it is in Dongbei bi 2 Y.

Roman

Re: Covers with interesting features.

Post by Roman » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:58 am

Thank you for sharing George and I'm happy you got your scanner working! :)

The 2nd overprint I never saw before in my life!

I like this cover, but not sure if this is rare? This stamp is by history widely accepted as LA issued stamp and listed in most LA catalogs already.
North-East-China-Region,-Heilongjiang-Province-Local-Issue,-Mudanjiang-(1946)-2.jpg
North-East-China-Region,-Heilongjiang-Province-Local-Issue,-Mudanjiang-(1946)-2.jpg (1.28 MiB) Viewed 563 times

doc032848

Post by doc032848 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:32 pm

Roman,

Your cover is spectacular!! It is the best cover I have ever seen with that stamp!
There is also a newspaper notification that this stamp would be issued the next day so there is no longer the slightest doubt in my mind that it is genuine!
I am delighted you showed it.
Yes, the Lintien cover is only one of two covers known so far. The stamps are not listed in Kerr supporting your point earlier that there are hundreds of stamps not listed by Kerr.
This one is LA and shows the 2Y NE Currency rate too. It was issued very late, and it always makes me wonder how many other issues like this exist.
I keep careful records of all copies I have seen of stamps that seem scarce to rare to me in the MLO area. I used to do that for all LA but lent my notes to a "friend" and I never got them back. :(
I am always ready to add new items to my listings, like your notes and Simon's on Jiamuzi.
Still so much to learn in this area.
George

Roman

Post by Roman » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:33 pm

George,

thank you. We can continue this very interesting thread there.

I like to show today a nice air-mail express cover from Yanshou (延壽) [4$ rate] with unlisted 1 元 / 20 分

Roman
YenShow-Unlisted.jpg
YenShow-Unlisted.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 517 times