eBay Sellers - China Stamp Society Findings

Online auctions have proven ineffective when it comes to removing reported forgeries so help others to avoid these pitfalls by giving details of any fakes and fakers you see.

Moderators: archiem, doc032848, wlin98004

archiem

eBay Sellers - China Stamp Society Findings

Post by archiem » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:39 am

October, 2017

Results of SOME findings on eBay.

xiemns1_3 a new seller based in GZ, China, has been an eBay seller since June 8, 2017.
He is offering forgeries of Liberated Area, Imperial and Treaty Port stamps.

Based in Kaohsiung City, Taiwan, e.c.b.y.ltd is offering very dangerous forgeries of Imperial CIP stamps and their imperforate between varieties, overprinted West Szechwan Silver Yuan, and others.

xianghao1989 of JX, China, has been an eBay seller since September 21, 2017. As of today everything he is offering is a forgery.

Since March 10, 2014, pinch.jiang of Kaohsiung City, Taiwan, has been offering a wide range of forgeries, including very dangerous forgeries of Imperial CIP and ROC stamps, imperforate between varieties, and fake covers.

xiaomid0

Re: eBay Sellers - China Stamp Society Findings

Post by xiaomid0 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:19 pm

Thank you so much for sharing this information! As someone who has been duped before, do you have any advice on how to better discern between such dangerous fakes and forgeries from the genuine items?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:26 pm

It is difficult. In time you get a feeling for the fake stamps, if ebay is involved you can often get an indication that sellers that are not quite right.

As a rule be careful if someone is selling an inverted overprint, a missing colour, or anything from a liberated area.

Check the feedback - if previous items are shown as "Private" that is not an encouraging sign. Dodgy sellers often have 100% good feedback so this is not always the guide it should be.

Check to see if the seller has several other unique and desirable rare items for sale. If he or she has iask yourself how likely this would be.

Use the View ID History link to take a look at the sellers history, if you see multiple name changes don't go near them, they are changing the name for a reason.

Take a look at Romans post and follow some links to see examples of what a bad seller looks like. viewtopic.php?f=14&t=545

Leave BAD FEEDBACK, don't simply return fakes, you will get a refund anyway so by leaving bad feedback you will help flag up bad sellers so others don't get caught.

Complain to eBay about any forgeries you recieve and if they fail to act complain to PayPal but do so quickly.

I hope this helps. I am sure others will have tips to add.

dzhuo

Post by dzhuo » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:31 pm

Good idea to report eBay forgeries. The problem is most of them will still sell and eventually these forgeries will re-enter the marker under different sellers. So it will become very difficult to track them with just a eBay handle or user name. I think what would be a lot more affective is to have images of these forgeris listed here so members can always come back for reference.

I have pulled many of e.c.b.y.ltd's current listings in hope of accomplishing that. I am assuming all of e.c.b.y.ltd's offerings are forgeries but please correct me if that's not the case.

ImageImage

archiem

Post by archiem » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:49 pm

There has to be a better way to make this information available. Just images under a seller name may be helpful, but I see a time when all those images will overwhelm.

Is there a better way to organize this information. It certainly is useful to many of us, and I know there are a lot of smart people out there.

dzhuo

Post by dzhuo » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:04 am

Another thing to consider. pinch.jiang had now changed his eBay seller ID to whitefox7878.

Looking at the offerings, I now suspect e.c.b.y.ltd and pinch.jiang might be the same person.

xiaomid0

Post by xiaomid0 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:15 pm

Actually, pinch.jiang seems to have another linked account by the name of crabcock7878. Coincidence - I think not! The return addresses for both sellers are the exact same, and the stamps they sell fall into the same category.

dzhuo

Post by dzhuo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:16 am

Thanks. I have warn others regarding seller crabcock7878. I have long suspect his China offerings.

xiaomid0

Post by xiaomid0 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:40 am

Any PRC forgeries?

Roman

Post by Roman » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:22 am

Here an example of a forgery the eBay cheater "majj-qwerty" is offering:
eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/CHINA-FORMOSA- ... 2542783523

Left the fake he is offering, right to compare a genuine stamp:
fake-vs.-genuine.jpg
fake-vs.-genuine.jpg (329.12 KiB) Viewed 2149 times
Nothing really matches, especially perforation and print are far away from a genuine stamp.