Is this real ?? 73 cent on 25 cent Inflation / First Junkers Issue Surcharged

This is the place to come for advance notice of new issues. To find out if your stamp is a reprint. To post ideas about why a certain stamp was issued. To announce a newly discovered variety, etc., We have experts Bill and Archie on hand and happy to help.

Moderators: archiem, doc032848, wlin98004

KsCannons

Is this real ?? 73 cent on 25 cent Inflation / First Junkers Issue Surcharged

Post by KsCannons » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:33 am

Hello
I have this stamp and others what is the Name of it ??? Below are ones i found on the internet and some names are different Also is this the actual price for the stamp it seems to good to be true because i bought 6 stamps albums for $150 some nice stamps both USA and world wide.

So if the stamp is worth that much I'm sure they would have to be certified and slabbed like PCGS Coins are done correct.I

I had also read that this is a commonly counterfeited stamp but i mean for what i paid for it and where the estate sale was in the nice part of Old Kansas City and the other stamps in different albums none of the stamps are from later than the 80's and it look like it was a Kids collection from how he'she did the small notebook album with $0.02 - $1.50 price for stamps and the hand written pages.Also i got maybe 5k JFK stamps in glassine envelopes and white Ace pages

Thanks Austin

Also if you know of any reasonable price grades please message me

73 cent on 25 cent First Junkers Issue Surcharged $1,300.00 $2,080.00 $1,300.00 $2,080.00

Anti-Bomb Airmail Stamps

1946 Inflation surcharged stamps, Hong Kong Prints
(existing on watermarked and unwatermarked paper)

Air 7 Shanghai Surcharged Air Mail Stamps (1948)

1940 Airplane over Great Wall, Hongkong Print Watermarked MH

KsCannons

Re: Is this real ?? 73 cent on 25 cent Inflation / First Junkers Issue Surcharged

Post by KsCannons » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:41 am

Hi everyone it's not letting me up load the pictures but they are in my other post Thanks

archiem

Re: Is this real ?? 73 cent on 25 cent Inflation / First Junkers Issue Surcharged

Post by archiem » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:40 am

Grading of stamps has begun, but few other than US collectors are using the service.

Several organizations offer expertization of Chinese stamps, the CSS in particular. You can look at the CSS website for more information and make the decision yourself as to using it or another or maybe not. But overprinted stamps in particular are much too often forged.

Good luck

dzhuo

Post by dzhuo » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:20 am

It's not clear which 73c on 25c surchage you are referring to? I commented on your other thread but if this thread also refers to the same $73 on 25c airpost surcharge, you are likely looking at the extremely common watermarked perf 13 or the unwatermarked perf 13. There are literally hundreds of millons of them printed.

Only the unwatermarked perf 14 is extremely rare.