Mystery Albums for China

Post any topics or questions about Chinese Stamps here.

Moderators: archiem, doc032848, wlin98004

BL53931

Mystery Albums for China

Post by BL53931 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:41 pm

Some of you will know what I mean. You see something on eBay or some site and take mental note of it then months later you try to find it again and cannot.

Does anyone recall seeing listings for German made albums and pages for the China area, both standard and hingeless from a company named something like 'Stampko'? I think they also had albums for Poland. I wonder if they went out of business or what. Probably I have the name wrong. Before posting here I Googled, checked past listings on eBay, nothing. Probably I have the name wrong.

Anyway if anyone knows what I may have seen can you enlighten me? Many thanks.

archiem

Re: Mystery Albums for China

Post by archiem » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:18 am

First I would suggest you take a look at the CSS albums being offered. These were originally offered by Fidelity Trading Co. in California, and when they closed CSS took over the offering. PRC material, both Unified and Liberation areas. Go to http://www.chinastampsociety.org. Very high quality.

If not to your liking, you might try Subway Stamp Shop in Pennsylvania. Their website http://www.subwaystamp.comhas an entire section devoted to albums, multiple suppliers and if you do not see it there, you might try their customer service department. Very helpful folk.

Good luck.

BL53931

Post by BL53931 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:30 pm

Thanks for the reply. I am familiar with the Fidelity album and have a set of them, complete up to 2001, will need to update sometime soon.

I believe that album is just for PRC issues. The album pages I was referencing are for pre 1949 China. I have since posting found them. The name is 'Stampiko', produced by a firm in Germany and offered in various formats including American size 3 ring punched pages. Not currently listed on Ebay but a search for that name will pull up listings of them.

BL53931

Post by BL53931 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:56 pm

I wanted to post an update on the STAMPIKO album pages, I just got my set today. Very well packed, received in a short time.

It appears they provide for a basic China pre 1949 collection plus pages for occupations, Manchuoko, just about the works in five sections with about 280 pages. My only complaint would be the paper weight, I will need to put pages with stamps in sheet protectors. No binders provided but attractive black on gold labels were supplied. All in all am happy thus far.