Mystical Overprints 3 - Kerr 129 Ling Yuan **Fact or Fiction**

Join Roman and Simon as we do our best to test the listings made by Kerr and later by Chan. What has been missed? Which overprints have been assigned to the wrong towns? What is genuine and what is suspect? - You get the idea......

Moderators: archiem, doc032848, wlin98004

admin
Site Admin

Mystical Overprints 3 - Kerr 129 Ling Yuan **Fact or Fiction**

Post by admin » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:48 pm

Kerr lists 4 stamps for Ling Yuan. I have never seen these stamps. He reports no covers.

Except for one character the sketch looks very similar to Cheng Te. Look on page 876 in Chan and his photographed stamp also looks like Cheng Te to me - could this be a mix up.

Ling Yuan is a real place in Jehol, Fisher lists it which shows it had a post office, it is also not that far from Cheng Te so there is scope here for confusion.

Any thoughts?
Attachments
LingYuanMap.jpg
LingYuanMap.jpg (132.27 KiB) Viewed 520 times

doc032848

Re: Mystical Overprints 3 - Kerr 129 Ling Yuan

Post by doc032848 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:41 am

Simon, Members,

I have this set but it is very rare. The listing is correct in that the last two stamps have a lithographed surcharge.
I am going to have to make a list of these stamps you are all looking to verify.
There is some question as to which party controlled which counties/towns in Jehol at the time of the MLOs.
It is important that we straighten that out, so that we can see the flow of the development of the CPC bases:
Inner Mengolia and KiKiang.
For example the Tablet and Torch issue can not be the first issue of Kikiang.
Both sides wanted to keep the area open to northward movement west of the Changchun RR.
So who controlled the counties of Rehe and when?
I want to encourage you all to keep these stimulating questions and mysteries, and data going!!
I have really liked your site for years Simon, and am trying to find out more about John Sweet.
I just can't seem to get to Roman's site(s) even though he has given me a link.